There are 8 reasons to avoid simple design
In the interest of fairness, here are some problems with simple design.
Next chapter →
← Previous chapter
Back to the table of contents
- It’s hard work to constantly fight technical, visual, and business complexity.
- Simple design’s lack of flash might not impress your clients.
- Simple design looks like it was easier to create, which might not impress your clients.
- There’s less room for artistic expression, so it can be less fun to create and look at.
- There are fewer places to hide bad design, so you will need more attention to detail.
- Your ability to write will be tested more.
- Your typography skills will be tested more.
- Some industries, like e-commerce, might not be a good fit in every case.